1. Entries are invited from dance-makers residing in India, who are focussed on a contemporary idiom.
2. Entries must be in the name of a person or a group of persons identified as the choreographer (or joint-choreographers) of the submitted work.
3. Entrants must be Indian residents and legally entitled to work in the country for the duration of the entry process and competition.
4. Entry must consist of the following:
b. A copy of the video of not more than five minutes of the piece
c. A descriptive project/concept note (maximum one page)
d. A biography of the choreographer(s) of the submitted work (maximum one page).
5. PECDA is a dance competition for the stage. Selected pieces must be performed live on the stage. Therefore, while video and other multimedia are allowed to feature as a part of the live performance, the dance created solely for the screen will not be eligible.
6. Only one entry per person/group is permitted. The entry must be of a work in progress, and it must not have premiered or toured as a full or finished work.
7. Entries must be submitted no later than the entry deadline of 15th April 2016 to the following address:
15, Race Course Road,
Guindy, Chennai - 600 032
Ph: +91-44-66 8484 03
8. Entrants and their dancers/other collaborators (as relevant) must be available if shortlisted:
a. To prepare a piece of not more than 15 minutes by August 2016
b. To complete their technical rehearsal at (venue to be named) on 31st August 2016
c. To present the work in the semi-finals and, if selected, to present at the finals at (venue to be named) between 31st August and 1st September 2016.
9. Entrants agree that their entry video and stills may be subsequently used by Prakriti Foundation for the promotion of the Prakriti Excellence in Contemporary Dance Awards, including publication on its website.
10. The jury has the right not to award the first prize at all, or to split it if it finds two equally worthy choreographers.
II. Shortlisted work
1. Results of the first round of selection will be announced by the first week of 30th May 2016. Entrants will be informed if their work has been shortlisted or not by email.
2. Prakriti Foundation will bear the expenses of travel to Chennai and back to the city of residence by train, local hospitality and freight to a maximum of Rs 10,000.
3. The copyright of the work remains with the choreographer.
4. Choreographers of shortlisted entries agree that footage of all or parts of the entry video and the final work, whether filmed by the entrant, Prakriti Foundation or a broadcast media partner may be filmed, edited and broadcast without payment to or permission from the choreographer involved, for news and promotional purposes.
5. The Selection Committee and the Jury’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The idea described in the entry video and the project description will need to have a clear line of development. Variations from the original ideas must be discussed at the earliest opportunity with the jury.
For the lighting requirements of the performance, the tech director of PECDA will do his best to provide the performers with their lighting requirements. But it will be fairly basic given the fact that there will be several performances in the same space.
For any further details please contact (0) 8754415362 & (0) 8608685156.